Psoriasis is non-communicable is a chronic disease, in the majority of cases, affects the curtains of the skin (at least – nail plate, the fibrous part of the head). It manifests itself excessively dry red patches, slightly protruding over the surface of the skin (papules). Mingling, papules form the plaque, which are sources of chronic inflammation.
Psoriasis is passed or not?
Answering the question, the psoriasis is contagious or not, one must understand that the disease is not transmitted, nor the sexual, nor the drip, or touch, or of some other shape. Getting it impossible.
Because of the violation of a process of exfoliation the Horny scales of skin on the body show up dry patches. Die is that it can't, but yes patients experience a severe psychological discomfort due to their appearance.
The cause of psoriasis
Is not yet defined, because of the that occurs psoriasis. There are different theories for the development of the disease. The professionals are willing to that the loss of the skin and nails can cause:
- stress, negative emotional experiences;
- endocrine pathology;
- hereditary predisposition;
- a failure in the functioning of the immune system, because of which violated the processes of growth and division of epithelial cells.
One reason for the psoriasis is that cells of the immune system T cells-helper and T-killer cells, normal, responsible for the protection of the body against the tumor cells, causing diseases, viruses and bacteria, begin to penetrate the upper layers of the skin integument. Here they produce substances that activate the inflammatory process. As a result, the skin cells begin difficult to share and to multiply. Can occur proliferation.
The development of psoriasis is possible and with the total action of many factors below the list:
- Very thin and poorly-moistened skin (sebum is produced by little).
- Frequent contact with irritants provided – the low quality of cosmetics, alcohol, solvents, household cleaning products.
- It is very frequent washing of the body, the hands (especially if you are using rigid washcloth and antibacterial soap/shower gel).
- The abuse of alcoholic beverages.
- The development of infectious diseases caused by staphylococcus, streptococcus, fungi.
- The intake of antidepressant medications, lithium carbonate, beta-blockers, anti-malarial and anticonvulsant drugs.
- The climate change time.
- Mechanical trauma to the skin of the integument.
- The propensity for allergic reactions.
- The infection of HIV.
Classification of the disease
If you look at a different photo of psoriasis in the initial phase, are evident differences – there are several varieties of this dermatological disease. Depending on the location of the lesion is:
- Psoriasis of the scalp (manifests in itchy bleeding skin).
- Psoriasis of the nails (nail plate gradually separates from the bed and becomes painful, it formed red spots).
- Palmar-plantar psoriasis (a disease common only in the feet of the feet and/or hands).
- Dermal psoriasis (dry plate appear in different parts of the body).
- Arthropathy psoriasis (be amazed at the joints).
- Sex psoriasis (a disease that covers the skin of the genitals).
Clinical forms of psoriasis:
- Of the ordinary or vulgar. It manifests the plan of pink-red papules of small size, that little rise above the healthy skin. Top papules covered with scales clear, that they begin to fall, even when the light touch. If the psoriasis treatment started late, small foci are combined in large.
- Exudative. It is more common in obese people, hypofunction of the thyroid gland, diabetics. The symptoms of psoriasis this form the following: papules have a bright red color, on top of them viewed yellow-gray flakes. Plate surprise the skin folds – the underarms, the region with the milk by the glands of women. The patients complain by itching, burning sensation.
- Dermatitis. Psoriasis can occur on the head, BTE, nasolabial folds, between the shoulder blades, on the chest. Limits points are not distinct. The bark silver-yellow. If you look at the photo of psoriasis on the head, some association with the common fungosas of the disease, such as dandruff.
- Palmar-plantar. The disease occurs in people between the ages of 30 and 50 years, a job which is related to the physical work. When this way may experience skin rashes and in the body.
- Pustular. In the body are formed pustular elements. In the medicine include an additional type of pustular form psoriasis Tsumbush. It is idiopathic (primary) - in the skin blisters appear, which turn into pustules. Pustules revealing and dry. Later they appear typical for the disease, peeling of the precipitation. And secondary with benign current. In this case, the abscesses occur on the surface of typical psoriatic plaques because of irritating medicines.
- Another type of form pustular – psoriasis-Barbera. He just reaches the sole and in the palm of the hand. In the skin viewed purulent pustules. They do not reveal, with time, become dark dry fried. Psoriasis Barbera features a symmetrical defeat.
- Arthropathy (joint). The severe form. Common in patients who have eruptions of the skin. Usually occurs after five to six years after the appearance of the first symptoms of the disease, if the treatment of psoriasis was illiterate. Joint pathology the system may be different, provided that they do not express arthralgia, do not result in changes in the joint unit, ending deforming ankylosis (the joint becomes completely immobile).
- Psoriatic erythroderma. It is the consequence of the vulgar or exudative psoriasis. Amazed, almost all of the skin. It becomes red, where you will find a large number of dry scales. Increases body temperature, increased lymph nodes (especially femoral and inguinal). If the patient does not recognize how to treat psoriasis, perhaps the loss of hair, fragility of nails.
According to the criterion of seasonal recurrence psoriasis divided into:
- years of age;
- winter (the most common);
- not specified.
The symptoms of psoriasis
The dominant symptoms of psoriasis treatment depends, therefore, on the first admission, the doctor performs a full examination of the patient, study thoroughly the space of location of psoriatic lesions.
The more the disease manifests itself in the winter. During the summer, under the influence of solar radiation, the signs of psoriasis may disappear completely. However, when the "saving" of the form of pathology of exposure to the sun, to the contrary, should be avoided. In the period of worsening of a patient's complaint of very strong itching. The defeat of nail plates occur only in 25% of patients.
When the disease of the scalp and the hair does not become involved in a pathological process. First begins to peel off the skin. With the time zone eruptions can "playing" in the area of the neck, behind the ears. The inflammatory process very much driven rapid division of keratinocytes.
When psoriasis of the hands and feet of the horny layer thickens and covered with deep cracks. Photo of psoriasis in the initial phase demonstrates pustules transparent with the content. Later, they become white and turn into dark scars.
In respect of nail plates, the most common are two types of injuries:
- The nail is covered in air when flies, which seems to traces of accidents (type"thimbles").
- The nail changes color and starts to flake off, which reminds of fungal disease. Through the nail plate varies psoriatic papule, surrounded the red, the rim.
Phase of psoriasis
Despite the fact that is still a debate about what is psoriasis and what, specifically, can lead to its appearance, the disease has already well studied. Three of them:
- Progressing (the initial). On the surface of the skin covering tumors appear in the form of skin rashes, have a tendency to increase in the periphery. They apply to healthy skin and form oval or rounded plate. Point have pink or red. Flaky fried for them yet, there are whitish flakes. The edge of focus a little compressed. In the result of combing of new eruptions.
- Fixed. Comes through one to four weeks after the onset of symptoms of psoriasis. The plates become more clear. New eruptions do not appear, the old, slowly resolve. Celebrated the healing of papules in the direction from the center to the edges, making the shape becomes void. All of the surface healing foci covered by scales white.
- Regressive (shock absorber). Color psoriatic plaques becomes practically intertwined with the healthy skin. To minimize the itching. Around of foci formed "collar Voronov", which represents a ring of the thick Horny layers of the skin. If the patient uses quality ointment for psoriasis, the stage of regression lasts about a month. Otherwise, the process of "mitigation" can take up to six months.
The task of a patient, who had been diagnosed with psoriasis – all the time keeping the disease in remission.
If You have one or similar symptoms, seek a doctor immediately. It is easier to prevent diseases than to deal with the consequences.
How is the diagnosis of psoriasis
The diagnosis of psoriasis deals with a dermatologist. The procedure is based on the exterior inspection, assessment of the state of skin and nails, the study of the location of the foci. There are no more tests are expressed in the symptoms are not assigned. If you face difficulties with the production of the diagnosis, a sample is taken of the skin with inflamed phase (biopsy), who study in a lab environment.
When complaints of pain in the joints carried out with x-ray. It is also assigned to a blood analysis, to check whether there are any other forms of arthritis. For the exclusion of a fungal infection is performed a test with potassium hydroxide.
How to cure psoriasis
The treatment of psoriasis is a integrated tool. This includes:
- general therapy;
- local therapy;
Before you determine what to treat the psoriasis, the dermatologist determines the stage of the disease, its clinical presentation, the prevalence of the process. When the medication is sensitive to the age of the patient and his presence of co-morbidities. Usually are selected first and more secure for health medications with the least side effects. If they do not provide the transition of psoriasis in a phase of regression, the treatment is adjusted.
The system of medications when psoriasis
Remedies for inside help when the moderate and severe stages of psoriasis. These include:
- Derivatives of vitamin a (retinoids). Reduce the speed of maturation of keratinocytes. Normalize the differentiation and maturation of cells.
- Immunosuppressive. Reduce the activity of T lymphocytes, resulting in increased division of the cells of the epidermis.
- Medicines for the treatment of malignant tumors. Inhibit the reproduction and growth of atypical cells of the skin.
Physical therapy in psoriasis
Treatment physical therapy significantly improve the well-being patients of psoriasis. In individual cases, they allow the giving up completely of medications. The most commonly used:
- Selective phototherapy. Affected skin to radiate in the ultraviolet with a wavelength of 280-320 nm. Is assigned 15 to 35 procedures.
- Photochemotherapy (PUVA therapy). The method involves the sharing of photosensitizer inside and long wavelength UV exposure outside. The ultraviolet rays penetrate deeply into the skin of the curtains, and photosensitizer blocks the process of DNA synthesis of the cells of the skin, reduces the speed of your division. The course has a duration of 20 to 30 procedures.
- The therapy laser. Applies to laser radiation with different wavelengths. The laser provides rapid resorption of the plates, it eliminates the education in its place scars.
- The use of monochromatic ultraviolet radiation. Each nursery alternately treat tube/laser source of UV radiation. A healthy skin not touching. The method is ideal, if struck less than 10% of the skin. The duration of treatment – 15 to 30 sessions.
- Electrical. Happens mild electrical pulses to the brain during 20-60 minutes. In the result of the patient calms down, normalizes the work of the CNS, psoriatic platelets start to dissolve.
- DARE-therapy. It is decongestant, antipruritic and analgesic means. Accelerates the resorption of scars. When necessary, can be combined with phonophoresis. To achieve the therapeutic effect is necessary to carry out 7 to 14 sessions.
- The magnetic therapy. Has the total-healing effect on the body. Relieves inflammation, reduces itching and burning sensation, helps get rid of the pain in the joints.
- Treatment bee venom. With the help of an electrophoresis apparatus or the ultrasound in the body injected the poison of the bee. It is characterized by resolution and anti-inflammatory effect, helps to normalize the metabolism.
- The hyperthermia. The dead psoriasis tissue heated pads with the heat of the mixture at a temperature of 40 degrees. The treatment helps to improve the functioning of the immune system, reduce the impact of the disease on the skin of the curtains.
The diet when psoriasis
Are authorized products to the worsening of psoriasis are:
- fruits (apples, apricots, peaches);
- fruit juices;
- vegetables (beet, potato, radish, watermelon, pumpkin);
- berry (all except red);
- lean meats (beef, veal, turkey, rabbit) – up to 200 grams per day;
- non-greasy fish;
- dairy products, cheese and cheese;
- whole wheat bread;
- marine cauliflower.
Psoriasis patients can not eat:
- smoked dishes;
- red fish;
- the animal fats;
- the eggs;
- pork and duck meat;
Prohibited from drinking coffee, soda and alcoholic beverages. It is advisable to limit sugar intake. For the purification of the body two times per week, it is recommended to carry out discharge day – vegetables, apples or kefir.