Psoriasis is a skin non-communicable disease, which occurs in 1 in every 100 people, that in 80% of cases is detected in the defeat of the scalp. It manifests itself in the form of education red plaques or patches, between which is visible the intact skin. The inflammation may expand and coalesce among themselves. Even so, you receive the psoriasis and how it is treated, find out more.
Quick reference guide on the pathology
Psoriasis in my head is an autoimmune disease. This conclusion of the doctors was done after a process of research on the label they identified the specific autoimmune disease changes and therapy arduous immunity drugs has helped to facilitate the general state. This disease is not transmitted from one patient to a healthy person.
The psoriasis can affect any person, however, the clinical experience allows you to highlight the main risk groups. So, often, the pathology affects females, and genetically inherited form makes itself felt already in 15-25 years. Get more than 50% of cases have relatives with psoriasis of one form or another. This means that the risk of encounter with the such pathology is higher among those whose parents, brothers or sisters also have this diagnosis. Psoriasis of the scalp, as a general rule, you can affect the following areas:
- the upper part of the forehead;
- the area behind the ears;
- the back of the head;
- the skin of the ears, including the ears;
- the arch of the eyebrow.
Normally, such a psoriasis has undulating nature of the current, that is, involves alternating periods of improvement and of phases of exacerbation. In this case, in which were the dead areas appear in red, gold label with sebaceous the content, which periodically bark and cause itching. Similar to the inflammatory process does not result in serious consequences for the health, but becomes the cause of serious psychological problems. Often occurs a vicious circle, when psoriasis causes stress, and it, in turn, becomes the cause of complications leaking and pathology.
The disease by itself does not cause hair loss, however, the time of the alopecia can lead some methods of therapy, stress, or skin damage. Usually, the hair grow back after the cleaning of the skin, the stabilization of the emotional state.
Why it occurs?
The doctors still have not been disclosed, the exact causes that cause inflammatory reactions and excessive synthesis of skin cells in the body of the patient. At the moment, the main hypothesis is genetics. She says that people are born with a predisposition to encourage the update of keratinocytes (cells of the epidermis of human skin). With the manifestation of psoriasis this trend generates a specific response of the immune system:
- The body begins to run for the production of new cells, which form a psoriatic arthritis plate.
- Happens more than active inflammation of the skin in the affected area (the body perceives this as something foreign).
- The more wounded the skin, under the influence of immunity, in actively occurs the division of keratinocytes.
For a long time, genetic factors may remain in the latent state, but he wakes up under the influence of adverse factors. These include:
- The stress. Changes in the nervous system are the cause of irregularities in the functioning of all the organs, including the skin. Eventually, this leads to changes in the division of epithelial cells.
- Frequent injury of the skin. They cause failures in the process of division and growth of keratinocytes.
- Infectious diseases. The germs that attack the immune system of a person, especially if the disease has the chronic form. As a result of immunity is in constant tension and begins to attack the epithelial cells.
- The dryness and sensitivity of skin. In this case, general characteristics, often suffer from microtraumas, therefore, and the likelihood of developing psoriasis.
- The conditions of climate change. When dry and cold air the skin is exposed to heavy load, it is, therefore, possible violation, which will lead to psoriasis.
- Diseases of the endocrine system. They become the cause of failures in the production of melatonin and lead to strong secretion of growth hormone.
Another popular hypothesis states that psoriasis develops due to metabolic disorders. In this case, the organism specifically reacts to stimuli, starting to run to share the cells of the dermis. If it is normal for the skin renewed, in the period of 3 weeks, in patients who occurs for 5 days, resulting in the head, arise many cards. In this case, lead to the aggravation may factors:
- detachment of the scalp;
- the emotional surge and stress;
- hormonal disorders;
- diseases of the endocrine system;
- bad habits (smoking, alcohol abuse);
- infectious processes in the organism;
- the poor diet;
- taking certain medicines;
- hypothermia, or prolonged exposure to the cold;
- the use of poor quality of products for the skin of the head.
In some cases the same pad point of development of psoriasis can become a condition of the immune system, which can occur as a result of strong stress or suffering from an infectious disease.
Revealed that the HIV-positive persons are psoriasis patients, in 3 at a time more often than healthy people.
As the pathology manifests itself?
Psoriasis develops gradually, and you can identify at different stages by the following processes:
- On the surface of the skin color pink to appear rash, which have a rounded shape, and the upper part covered with numerous plates of white color.
- The precipitation gradually grow and increase in diameter. In the end, they become compressed psoriatic plaque, which causes itching and burning sensation. After that, it begins a strong inflammatory process.
- Tissue excessively grow up under the pressure of excess reproduction ectodermal cells on the nameplate and the excessive accumulation of lymphocytes and macrophages. This leads to thickening of the skin at sites of injury and the formation of red spots on the area of hair growth.
- The patient experiences general malaise and weakness. He can jump the temperature of the body.
- The skin becomes more sensitive and painful and more dense. Gradually, it loses firmness and elasticity, becomes more rough, and covered with boards, that chips quickly.
- When you brush the scalp covered in bleeding scratches and cracks.
- Plate gradually peel, therefore, in the hair, you can see the great formations, resembling dandruff.
- The itching becomes more intense, and even do not give to a person practicing their habits and actions.
- The man is in a slump or falls constantly, feeling a great discomfort aesthetic.
- The pathology extends over the scalp and other parts of the body.
To minimize the manifestations of psoriasis, it is necessary in the first itching on the head of to consult your dermatologist, tests and begin the treatment.
Characteristics of the symptoms in children
Psoriasis of the scalp of the child develops in almost the same way as the adults, but it is more common that the disease makes you feel such symptoms:
- the redness of the scalp, which can see you even through a follicle coverage;
- moist softening the skin, which in medicine called maceration;
- peeling of plates;
- the formation of clusters of cards in distinct areas of the scalp.
In children of lower age group psoriasis often resembles the education diaper rash. The disease develops slowly and is difficult to treat.
Classification of the pathology
Psoriasis scalp is classified in two ways - the form and stage of development. It depends on them how the disease. Each parameter we consider separately.
So the psoriasis is of two types:
- Light. It manifests itself primarily in the head in the form of isolated foci of injury. Usually, the plates are small and covered in thin plates.
- Heavy. Psoriatic elements appear throughout the scalp. Size of nameplate and more, and a thickness, that when the light manifestations of the pathology.
The experts highlight three stages of the pathology:
- Progressing. On the scalp of new eruptions. As a rule, they affect the area of the contour of the hair growth. In psoriatic elements receive the bark. Gradually, the islets of acne can be combined, forming extensive areas of lesions. If the stage arrives in time to recurrence of the pathology, are already available elements are distributed in the periphery, which is called phenomenon Kebner.
- Fixed. The inflammatory process is maintained, however, do not appear new eruptions. For this phase characteristic which cancels the growth plates and the lack of hyperemic edge of the contour of the skin items.
- Regressive. Decreases the amount of eruptions, which indicates the efficiency in the course of therapy. Gradually disappear available of platelets, which are replaced by discoloration. The patient is no longer concerned with flaking, itching, and other symptoms of the pathology.
Appeared rash in the scalp, it is necessary to consult a dermatologist. In addition, can be carried out the consultation of a specialist in the treatment of hair (officia) and the beautician, who will help you to choose the shampoos and other hygiene products. The diagnosis of a disease very important to identify psoriatic triad, composed of such phenomena, as:
- Stearic of the point. Is reinforced the shell and the plates have the silver color and resemble stearin.
- Psoriatic film. If you remove the plaque, in its place appears shiny moisture from the surface.
- Sausage dew. When you brush plates appears to drip vertices of a bleeding.
These symptoms allow you to make a diagnosis already during the visual inspection. When you do this, the doctor takes into account the data of the anamnesis, including refining, if you have a patient of relatives, people who suffer from psoriasis. To confirm the diagnosis, the doctor may prescribe a biopsy (about the material of the affected areas) and the planting of the flora to the exclusion of fungal defeat. In the case of widespread forms of psoriasis, in addition, give up in general blood work. When the intoxication of the body, it will show a high sedimentation rate of erythrocytes (ESR) and the increase in the number of white blood cells.
The scalp psoriasis requires an individualized treatment, which can help relieve the unpleasant symptoms and the main thing - to achieve a long phase of remission with any type of pathology. These purposes, it is often assigned to therapy. Each component deserves special attention.
She seeks to fight with a chronic disease of inflammatory responses and the excessive formation of keratocytes, because it is a pathological process, on the basis of the disease. As part of a therapy, the doctor may prescribe the following medications:
- the tool of immunotherapy nonspecific (Pirogenala, ATP);
- vitamin complexes;
- aromatic retinoids (Etretinate, Acitretin);
- the solution Gemodeza for drip intravenous introduction.
The reception cytostatics and corticosteroids appropriate, in this case, the heavy flow of psoriasis, and the great manifestation of symptoms on the scalp. If psoriasis are also filled with the annexation of hiv infection in the course of the treatment, are introduced to the antibiotics.
As part of a therapy, the doctor may also prescribe anti-depressants. They need, in order to reduce and eliminate the attendant psoriasis emotional problems - depression, stress, the greater the anxiety and the socialis phobia. In addition similar drugs allow you to increase the resistance of the patient to the stress, reduce the frequency and severity of exacerbations of psoriasis in the midst of nervous tension, improve sleep quality. Some drugs have antihistamine effects, thus, also help relieve itching.