What is psoriasis
Psoriasis (flake ringworm) is non-communicable diseases a chronic disease of the skin that manifests itself in the form of bark and eruptions on the skin. Features-the wavy current, with periods of remission (improvement), with periods of exacerbations. The disease can develop at any age, but it is more likely that the psoriasis affects people from a young age.
The intensity of the psoriasis may vary at different stages. The disease can affect only small patches of skin or cover the entire body. Often, the disease progresses, the sick, and the point that with the time (normal period of aggravation of) psoriasis reaches a large area of the skin. In addition to the skin, they also highlight the psoriasis of the nails, which can occur in a form.
Psoriasis – the causes of disease
Cause of psoriasis is unknown, but cause the disease can immune changes in the body (an assault), neurological disorders, disorders metabolic. Contribute to the emergence of psoriasis, the inheritance, the reduction of immunity after the illness, the stress.
Today, among the causes and factors of development of psoriasis include the following:
- Hereditary predisposition (genetic theory of the development of psoriasis). The probability of development of psoriasis the above, if the person has the next-of-kin are also affected by this disease. Maybe some groups of genes that are responsible for the implementation of the psoriasis.
- Neuropsychiatric overvoltage (neurogenic theory for the development of psoriasis). It is well known that psoriasis can be brought about by strong emotional shock. Stress refers to a serious of factors in the development of this disease. In people with psoriasis, that stress can cause a worsening of the disease.
- Hormonal disturbances. Changes in the functioning of the endocrine glands can become a triggering mechanism in the development of psoriasis.
- Violation of the metabolism (exchange of a theory of the development of psoriasis). The problem with the exchange of substances, some vitamins and minerals (in particular, silicon), possibly, contribute to the emergence of psoriatic plaques.
- Parasites. It is considered to be crustacean a theory of the development of psoriasis, according to which the disease is caused by some intestinal parasites. Numerous studies show that among people who suffer from psoriasis, many patients with different parasitic infections. As believe scientists, a special role in the development of the disease may play roundworm, Giardia high tapeworm and others. It is believed that toxic products, which emit these parasites are powerful allergens, which becomes the cause of imbalance in the functioning of the immune system.
- Viral infections.
And, although the reasons for the development of psoriasis is not completely elucidated, today, the medicine is known the mechanism of appearance of this pathology. On the basis of the appearance of psoriatic rash is the malfunction of the immune system. The immune cells become aggressive in relation to the own cells of the skin, which leads to the appearance of psoriatic plaques.
Psoriasis – symptoms
Psoriasis manifests the advent peel patches, cards of red color, which is highly itchy. The point once more placed on the skin of the scalp, the elbow joints, knees, in skin folds. With time, the surface of the flakes for easy removal, in its place are dense flakes, located in depth. When the progression of psoriasis can occur the so-called phenomenon Kebnera: the emergence of psoriatic plaques in places of scratches or skin lesions.
Here are the specific symptoms for different types of psoriasis:
- Psoriasis in the form of plates, it seems that rise above the surface of the skin healthy plots red, inflamed, dry, thickened, warm to the touch, with the skin covered in scaly silver-white (psoriatic plaque). The skin in these locations is prone to peeling. In place of the skin that peeled remain the foci red, which are easily injured and bleed. Psoriatic platelets usually merge with each other, growing in size and that way the adapter plate ("wax lake"). When psoriasis flexural surfaces peeling expressed poorly. When you arise red spots, which are located in skin folds (groin, the region of the external genitalia, inner thighs, the folds of the belly, underarms).
- The guttate psoriasis is characterized by a large number of dry, small, red or lilac defeats, elevated on the surface of the skin, similar to tear or circles. These elements of surprise to the large areas of skin. Guttate psoriasis often develops after migrated streptococcal infections (for example pharyngitis or angina).
- Pustular psoriasis seems to raise them above the surface of unaffected skin bubbles filled with clear content. The pustules are surrounded by red swellings of the skin, which is easy to exfoliate. Psoriasis of the nails characterized by the color change of the nail from the nail bed, the appearance of spots, stains, transverse striations on the nails, thickening of the skin around the nail bed, thickening and beam nail, complete loss of nails.
- Psoriatic arthritis is accompanied by inflammatory processes in the joints and connective tissue. Psoriatic arthritis is most commonly affects the small joints in the distal phalanges fingers of the hands, the feet, causing psoriatic dactylitis. Psoriatic erythroderma is manifested common the shell and the inflammation, detachment of the skin on a large surface of the body, swelling, contributes to the pain of the skin, intense skin problem itchy.
The other symptoms of psoriasis may be assigned:
- bleeding area on the skin;
- the emergence of erosions, and the dimples on the nails;
- intense itching;
- it is possible pain in the joints and swelling.
Classification of psoriasis
Distinguish the following types of psoriasis:
- common (or ordinary) psoriasis;
- exudative psoriasis;
- arthropathic psoriasis;
- psoriatic erythroderma;
- psoriasis of the palms of the hands and soles of the feet;
- pustular psoriasis.
Psoriasis occurs in three stages:
- Progressing stage of psoriasis. This is the first stage of the disease, is characterized the aggravating circumstance, on which is celebrated the increase in the number of fresh eruptions.
- The fixed phase of psoriasis. This period is characterized by the existing security of the painting of the disease. Rashes and other symptoms of psoriasis does not become neither more, nor less.
- Stage of psoriasis away. This is the final stage of the disease, in which the precipitation is missing.
Depending on the prevalence of a disease process psoriasis is:
- limited – amazes-with small areas of the body;
- common – amazes-with significant areas of the body;
- generalized – reaches almost all over the body.
Depending on the time of year, when the disease worsens, psoriasis is:
- winter – the worsening of psoriasis, as it usually happens in cold weather;
- years – the worsening of psoriasis occurs in the summer period;
- uncertain – when the periods of exacerbation of psoriasis are not linked to any time of the year.
The diagnosis of psoriasis
The disease diagnosed, the dermatologist based on the clinical typical of the painting. To refine the diagnosis apply to skin biopsy.
Steps of the patient
You can sunbathe for 15 minutes every day. Must abstain from consumption of alcohol, avoid stress, control weight, maintain a healthy lifestyle, take proper care of the skin.
The treatment of psoriasis
For the therapy of psoriasis apply emollients, medications that restore the layer in the cornea, local medicines (ointments, lotions, creams) with the content of glucocorticoids (hydrocortisone, prednisone, dexamethasone), preparations with a content of zinc pyrithione, the ointment with the contents of analogues of vitamin D3, tar, Naftalan, hydroxyestrone. When the severe forms of psoriasis, the inefficiency exterior therapy, the defeat of more than 20% of the surface of the skin is prescribed a system of chemotherapy, which includes (a) (methotrexate), retinoids, synthetic (retinol acetate retinol palmitate, tretinoin), glucocorticoids, multivitamins (aevitum and etc.).
Special role in the treatment of psoriasis should be given to some biologically active substances, among which should be noted:
- Silicon. In recent years, doctors increasingly talking about the role of silicon in the development of psoriasis. One of the components of the treatment of psoriasis are medications and supplementation of vitamins and minerals, contain silicone. On one hand, silicon improves the condition of the skin, and on the other, acts as sorvente, that sucks one of the antigens, playing a role in the development of psoriasis.
- Vitamin D. As is well known, one of the most important minerals required for the successful struggle with psoriasis, is the calcium. However, for the normal absorption of calcium requires vitamin D. it is Best to medications with vitamin D include after you put the active phase of psoriasis in hospital.
- Fish oil omega-3 fatty acids. To resolve an inflammatory process when the psoriasis has intake in the body polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acids, which in large amounts, see the fish fat.
- The lecithin. It is a substance essential for the rapid recovery of epithelial cells, which perish when the psoriasis. Drugs with lecithin allow you to more quickly deal with the inflammatory process and restore the integrity of the skin the integument.
Drug-free therapy is the photochemotherapy: exposure to ultraviolet radiation with a wavelength of 320-400 NM in the middle of the reception photosensitizers (PUVA therapy). Also use cryotherapy, plasmapheresis.
The patient should follow a special diet. The diet when psoriasis should be balanced. The patient should be excluded from the diet, refined foods products, savory and sweet. Need to closely monitor your health and to prevent colds, because any violation of the immunity can cause the development of the disease.
Among the possible complications of arthritis, depression, caused by low self-esteem.
The prevention of psoriasis
To avoid the disease is not possible, but there are methods that allow to weaken the manifestations of psoriasis and reduce the number of exacerbations. You should protect the skin against the excesses, avoid prolonged exposure to the sun, careful not to allow skin lesions. You should avoid stress, infections, medications, reinforce the manifestations of psoriasis (for example, β-blockers, lithium), stopping smoking, limiting alcohol consumption. And remember that the treatment of psoriasis need to leave it to the professionals. The treatment of psoriasis in the house, and any form of self-treatment of this disease are not valid.