Psoriasis - a non-communicable skin disease that expresses itself in education red peeling patches covered with itchy silvery scales. As a general rule, the psoriasis develops in young people aged 20 to 30 years. The disease is not a threat to human life, however, causes him severe suffering of a psychological nature, up to social isolation.
Causes of the disease
The reasons that cause psoriasis, in today's day and until the end, and is not identified. There are some factors that are associated with the emergence of psoriasis. However, by themselves, these factors are not able to trigger the psoriasis, only in combination with each other, they can serve as impetus for the development of this pathology:
- the genetic predisposition;
- the reduction of the protective properties of the organism;
- emotional disease;
- pathology of the endocrine system.
It is assumed that psoriasis can be the consequence of an imbalance in the functioning of the immune system. In thicker skin accumulates a large number of T lymphocytes, which leads to chronic inflammation of the affected areas. Histological psoriatic arthritis material confirms the presence of a high concentration of immune cells in the affected areas, which allows you to confirm the immunological factor in the development of psoriasis.
The genetic predisposition to psoriasis confirm the presence of mutations in different locations in the DNA. These areas are responsible for the development of cells of immune system lymphocytes T. The breach of such areas can cause the development of psoriasis. So, if the parents suffer from psoriasis, the risk of the development of this pathology in the child is 50% and even above. The researchers also associate the development of psoriasis already adults people with mutations of specific genes.
It is also the reason for the development of psoriasis can be stress, which leads to an exacerbation of the symptoms of the disease. Psychological suffering is capable of initiating the release of hormones in the blood, which leads to a series of biochemical reactions, which in turn contribute to the emergence of a number of eruptions on the skin.
The research of the etiology of psoriasis has shown that many patients there is a violation on the part of the endocrine system and genital system, and, in addition, there is the violation of the process of the formation of pigmentation.
Also if you can mention the auxiliary factors that contribute to the development of psoriasis: environment, bodily injury, unbalanced diet, poor living conditions, the violation of the fundamentals of hygiene.
You can say that psoriasis is hereditary disease: in its development leveraged the whole complex of the reasons referred to above.
The symptoms of the disease and its types
Psoriasis has some general symptoms specific, that allow you to accurately diagnose the disease. When psoriasis develop the three characteristics of the state:
- "wax" from the point, that when the attempt scraping of the nail, flake, but according to its consistency similar to wax and tallow;
- bright red on the surface, which is formed after the separation of scales and plates. It is commonly called the terminal of the film;
- it is very characteristic of psoriasis — the symptom "of a bloody dew". If you scrape off all the scales and plates on the surface of the skin to perform small points bloody similar to drops of dew.
More often than psoriatic precipitation are located in the area of flexion of major joints, the armpits area of the scalp, in the groin, under milk by the glands, about the nails. The disease begins with the appearance of small itchy symmetrical rash, then they merge into one large conglomerate, occupying large areas of the skin. The itching is not tolerable, but the branch scales results in the emergence of "a blood bath of dew".
The diagnosis of psoriasis causes a certain complexity, as well as there are many types of this disease. Psoriasis have the following forms:
- vulgaris (common psoriasis);
- psoriasis with plaques;
- pustular psoriasis;
- psoriasis flexural surfaces;
- the map of psoriasis or in the form of drops.
Each type of psoriasis has its own code in the international qualification of diseases (ICD-10). Each type of disease has its signs, symptoms and causes.
The treatment of psoriasis
The treatment of psoriasis is a great difficulty, because the disease is chronic, lasting temporary remissions. Today, however, can significantly improve the patient's condition, due to the reduction of clinical manifestations. The treatment of psoriasis implemented comprehensive the total application of drug therapy, local drug therapy, the application of techniques of physical therapy and immunomodulators.
The first topical medications for external use. In the composition of such medicines include substances that contain:
- Glucocorticosteroids hormones that are able to prevent the active division of the cells of the skin, as well as decrease the phenomena, inflammatory, itchy skin and depression of the immune system.
- Preparations with a basis of vitamin D, whose effectiveness is manifested along with the ultraviolet radiation.
- Medications with zinc, which quickly resolve itchy skin and hyperemia skin of the integument.
For the system (in general) the treatment of psoriasis:
- Corticosteroids, which eliminate the symptoms of inflammation and regulate the metabolism.
- Prevent uncontrolled division of cells.
- Immunomodulatory resolve a dysfunction in the functioning of the immune system.
- Non-steroids are drugs that eliminate only the symptoms of the disease: the foci of inflammation and itching, and does not affect the causes of disease.
Physical therapy treatment consists of a series of procedures:
- PUVA therapy. This method is the use of photoactive chemical that is used in conjunction with the wavelength by the ultraviolet radiation.
- Hirudotherapy. The use of leeches to treat psoriasis, which improve the output of blood.
- Cryotherapy. The method consists in the immersion of the patient for a few minutes in a chamber with very low temperature air. This method helps to effectively eliminate the manifestation of foci of inflammation, and reduce itching.
The treatment of psoriasis folk methods sometimes give good results. Before you start the treatment mandatory consultation of the doctor-dermatologist. The doctor should be informed about the methods of treatments and fully approve them.
The complication and the prevention of psoriasis
To aggravate the psoriasis is manifested severe diseases, which are very difficult to treat: psoriatic arthritis, pustular psoriasis and psoriatic erythroderma. The prevention of the disease includes nutraceuticals measures:
- spa resort therapy;
- a balanced diet;
- a healthy sleep;
- checks chronic foci of infection;
- compliance with hygiene standards;
- moderate exercise.