A complex systemic disease accompanied by skin lesions is psoriasis. In a healthy body, the cells live for 30-40 days, then they are renewed. With the development of psoriasis, the life of skin cells is 4-5 days. When they die, peeling, plaque, dryness occur. Early treatment of psoriasis is always easier, so it is important not to start the disease. Methods of therapy in the progressive phase differ significantly. You will read about the treatment of only the early stages of psoriasis in the article.
Causes of disease
In psoriasis, the work of several systems is disrupted at once: endocrine, immune, nervous. Until the end, doctors did not know the causes of the disease, and they also did not find a cure for psoriasis.
Experts put forward the following hypothesis for the development of this disease:
- Viral.Retrovirus, inherited, can be a causative agent of psoriasis. In many patients, changes are found in the peripheral lymph nodes, which may indicate the viral nature of the disease.
- Immunity.With weakened immunity and disrupted immune mechanisms at the cellular level, favorable conditions will be created for the development of psoriasis. Among the causes of this disease is autoimmune invasion, a process in which lymphocytes begin to invade the body's own healthy cells.
- Infectious.Many researchers have found psoriasis pathogens. Epidermophytos, spirochetes, streptococci are suspected, but all assumptions remain incorrect. However, scientists have found that infectious diseases: SARS, influenza, tonsillitis are the driving mechanisms in the development of psoriasis. In 90% of cases, the disease is accompanied by tonsillitis.
- Genetics.Psoriasis is transmitted to children from parents. 60% of patients have relatives with this skin disease. If the mother or father is diagnosed with psoriasis, then the risk of such a disease in the child increases by 25%, if both parents are sick - by 60%.
- Metabolic.Metabolic disorders (lipids, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals) can cause psoriasis. Patients often experience dysfunction of the thyroid gland and other glands of the endocrine system.
Key signs and symptoms
This local disease is not contagious. Damaged skin, nails and hair. A small rash appears on the epidermis, where papules form over time - areas of pink or pink color that stand out on the skin. From above, they are covered with silver scales (plaques).
Papules may be slightly itchy or not irritating at all, exfoliation is not visible. Initially, the size of the affected skin area is 1-2 millimeters, over time, the size is estimated at 10 centimeters or more.
Early stage psoriasis: which part of the body may be affected by this disease? The main symptoms of different localization diseases:
- In the head.The scalp is covered with red scaly patches with many dandruff-like scales. In this case, the hair is not involved in the pathological process. Itching is observed in patients. Skin lesions can spread to the neck and ears.
- In the face.In the early stages, psoriatic plaques form on the skin around the eyes, on the eyelids, in the folds and nasolabial eyebrows. Sometimes, psoriasis affects the mucous membranes of the mouth, cheeks, lips, tongue, and even the contours of the lips.
- In hand.A single red papule appears on the palm of your hand and between your fingers. The back of the hand is affected more often. If spots form on the fingertips, they will lose sensitivity over time. Psoriasis can spread to the nails.
- At the elbow.In the early stages, an element of psoriasis appears, covered with silvery scales. It then grows into a continuously affected area of skin, from which scales and thin film are easily removed. After this action, the affected area is pink, blood droplets appear on it.
- At my feet.The skin of the feet and back of the foot suffers. Symptoms are similar to those of elbow psoriasis: in the early stages, small lesions appear that grow to large areas, symptoms of blood dew are observed.
How and how to treat psoriasis at an early stage
Cure psoriasis forever - how realistic is it? Unfortunately, so far the answer is disappointing - this autoimmune disease can be cured, but it is impossible to get rid of it completely.
Treatment of psoriasis at an early stage gives excellent results and allows you to get rid of visible pathological manifestations. Traditional medicine uses ointments, creams, solutions, therapeutic ultraviolet irradiation, systemic drug treatment. There are also grandmother remedies, but they do not give stable results.
Patients with various types of psoriasis need to learn the basics of an alkaline diet. Patients should eat foods that alkaline the internal environment. Their share must be 65-75%, the share of acidic food - 25-35%.
- One-third of the diet is unprocessed vegetables and fruits. Add to the menu beets, cabbage, carrots, herbs, cucumbers, onions, garlic, celery.
- A third of the other daily menus for psoriasis are complex carbohydrates and natural sweets in limited amounts. Eat porridge (barley, buckwheat), dried fruits (raisins, dried apricots, dates).
- The last part of the diet is animal and plant protein. Eat lean meats, fish, peas, beans, seeds, eggs, beans. Double unsaturated fatty acids must also be on the menu.
- Drink at least 7-10 glasses of clean water a day. Alcohol is prohibited.
- For effective treatment, leave citrus, fatty dairy products and meat, chocolate, red products. Use honey to a minimum.
- It is important to exclude sweet, spicy, smoked and sour foods from food, as they have a detrimental effect on the skin. The amount of salt should be reduced to a minimum.
Treatment of psoriasis at an early stage is successfully carried out with a prescription drug. There are several groups of them.
Topical preparations: creams and ointments. Medicines consist of water, emulsifiers and oils. They are enough to treat the early stages of psoriasis.
Ointments are hormones and not hormones. The second group is safer, but ineffective.
Pil. Treatment of psoriasis with medication is more often used to combat progressive levels.
Systemic therapy. Its nature (dose, duration of therapy) is only determined by the doctor for the treatment of further form pathology.
- fatty acids;
- anti-allergenic agent;
- preparations to remove toxins from the intestine.
What is psoriasis and how is it treated? The complexity of therapy is important. In the early stages of psoriasis, is proper nutrition, the use of local remedies and treatment with physiotherapy procedures. The latter is intended for:
- decreased CNS excitement;
- normalization of the patient's psychological state;
- itching reduction;
- acceleration of psoriatic papule reabsorption.
- Excellent treatment with soothing effect.
- Due to the complete recovery of the body, the size of the papule is reduced, and the disease becomes remission.
- A patient with psoriasis needs to undergo 8-10 procedures that last for 20-60 minutes.
- In the first session, the patient sleeps shallowly, and then sleeps soundly.
- The affected part of the skin is treated with X-rays, which accelerate the process of absorption of psoriasis plaques.
- Treatment methods involve the use of gentle X-rays.
- One session is conducted every 4-7 days, total safe dose of radiation (3, 5-4 Gy).
- Skin is treated with ultrasound with vibrations of 800-3000 kHz.
- Procedures to eliminate inflammation, itching and pain, reduce sensitivity to allergens and kill bacteria.
- The procedure cycle consists of 8-14 sessions, each of which lasts a quarter of an hour.
Among other physiological methods that are effective against psoriasis, it is worth noting cryotherapy, immersion in the magnetic field, treatment with current lasers. Treatment of psoriasis at home can be accompanied by a bath with sea salt (for 1 liter of water 5 g of salt, temperature - 37-38 ° C, duration 15 minutes, 15-20 daily sessions). With the onset of the disease, it is important to travel to the sanatorium and participate in a health program.
Psoriasis is effectively treated by treating the affected skin area with ultraviolet rays. Wavelength should be 311-313 nm, but experts may recommend different radiation spectra. The patient is immersed in a special space equipped with ultraviolet light. Prior to that, he took sensitivity medications that increased the effectiveness of the treatment. An effective method of UV therapy is PUVA therapy. Wavelength is 320-400 nm. To achieve good treatment outcomes, patients underwent 25 exposures, as 80% of the affected area disappeared.
Effective folk remedies for home treatment
In the early stages of psoriasis, you can use folk recipes:
- Treatment of chicken egg oil. To get half a glass of product, you need 20 homemade eggs. Boil the product for 15 minutes after boiling. You need egg yolks. Crush them into the gruel and fry in an oil-free pan over low heat for 45 minutes. Transfer the prepared mass to a thin cloth and squeeze. Apply the affected area 1-2 times a day until psoriasis symptoms are completely eliminated.
- Early stage treatment with complex ointment for psoriasis. Ingredients: 50 grams of birch tar, 20 grams of petroleum oil or jelly, 10 grams of boric acid, 30 grams of honey, 1 chicken egg white, 10 grams of fish oil. Store in a dark corner. Lubricate papules 1-2 times a day.
- Treatment with celandine juice. Treat the affected skin area with fresh juice from the roots. This should be done at an early stage every day throughout the summer for three consecutive seasons.
Specialization of treatment in children
Do not use traditional medicine on the growing body. They are not always effective, and delays in this case are completely unacceptable. When the early stages of psoriasis occur, parents should refer the child to a dermatologist who will prescribe a thorough examination and treatment. If the disease does not spread strongly, children are given ointments and topical creams for the skin: keratolytic and anti-inflammatory drugs.
The top layer of psoriasis plaque is removed with the help of tar-sulfuric or salicylic ointment. To do this, make a bandage on the skin soaked in the active agent, which is removed after 3-5 hours. Then the child should bathe in a row - it will help remove the crust without pain. The final stage of treatment - drugs with glucocorticoids are applied to the skin in a dose prescribed by a doctor. Children are given antihistamines and vitamin complexes.
What is the early stage of psoriasis - photo
The first stage of psoriasis is accompanied by sores on certain areas of the skin of the body.
If you see a rash as in the photo, see a dermatologist. There is no need to hope that the problem can be solved on its own.
This skin disease is complex and requires prompt and thorough treatment. The sooner a person goes to a specialist, the better the results.
Successful therapy leads to forgiveness and rapid recovery of quality of life.