Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that is difficult to treat. Psoriatic plaques appear on various parts of the body, causing the patient a great deal of difficulty and suffering. Significant cosmetic defects worsen relationships with others, provoking complex development.
Psoriasis treatment requires an integrated approach. Getting medical help in a timely manner brings serious consequences: the disease can be inherited. Adhering to the doctor's recommendations will alleviate suffering, reduce the manifestations of psoriasis.
Skin diseases are of great interest to researchers. Doctors only have assumptions, factors that can cause psoriasis. The most common cause of psoriasis is genetic predisposition. However, dermatologists have not yet reached a consensus: "Why does psoriasis appear? "
There are two theories:
- the first says: scaly lichen type develops when epidermal cell maturation, reproduction and differentiation are disrupted. The autoimmune process plays a secondary role;
- The second hypothesis: the cause of skin lesions is damage to the immune system. Problems with the normal functioning of epidermal cells are secondary.
- deficiency of vitamins and minerals in the body due to the small number of vegetables and fruits on the menu;
- damages nerve health due to frequent stress;
- strong drug abuse;
- metabolic disorders due to improper nutrition;
- decreased immunity after infectious disease.
- hypertensive patients;
- obese people;
- people who drink excessive alcohol;
- patients who have undergone a course of chemotherapy, treatment with corticosteroids, strong antibiotics.
Symptoms and stages of the disease
Level of psoriatic eruption:
- early stage. At the elbow, another area, a pink or reddish papule appears, covered with scales with a heterogeneous structure. Over time, the rash occupies the growing area, redness of the skin appears, swelling, itching develops;
- Most symptoms appear in people whose bodies are saturated with medications. In the risk group - people with psychoemotional trauma;
- The next stage is the emergence of the Kebner phenomenon. After scratching, abrasions, wounds, bleeding areas appear on the body. Gradually they merge, forming symmetrical lines and plaques. Nails are often affected;
- third level. The rash becomes brighter, the plaque has a clear outline, the affected area becomes blue, itchy, flaky;
- Symptoms fade gradually. Peeling first, then the color of the epidermis is restored. The last stage is the reabsorption of the infiltrate, improving the condition of the skin.
Is psoriasis contagious? Is it possible to get sick while communicating, shaking hands, playing together, having sex? The answer is no! "The pathological nature is different, there are no viruses and fungi on the skin. Do not keep psoriasis patients away from you! It is difficult for him. Support the person morally.
- elbow joints. A relatively light shape. A group of plaques with well-defined borders appear symmetrically on both arms. Color - salmon or pink;
- palms. The disease is characterized by surface keratinization, flaking, severe itching;
- ears and scalp. Psoriatic eruptions appear on the inside and outside of the auricle, on the head. If itching is not heard in the ear, it is recommended to see a dermatologist immediately;
- feet. Often, plaques, redness, itching on the lower part of the foot appear simultaneously with a rash on the hands. Externally, the manifestations of the disease are similar;
- back. Scaly lichen affects various areas in the back. The rash takes the form of tears. Often, the rash resembles a normal plaque;
- face. In this area, rashes are rare. On the eyebrows, in the area of the nasolabial folds, small papules appear near the eyes. In isolated cases, the formation is closed with scales visible on the lips.
Diagnosis of disease
A dermatologist or therapist can easily diagnose psoriasis with its distinctive features. Occasionally a biopsy of the affected skin is required. Microscopic pieces were sent for laboratory research.
A hemoscanning method of blood is widely advertised. Special computer programs and high-powered electron microscopes are used.
Experts recommend leaving the services of "doctors" who have no medical education. Charlatans only use this method to diagnose various diseases, without interrupting additional research.
Be sure to visit a dermatologist, therapist. An experienced doctor will tell you whether you have psoriasis or not based on clinical signs.
Methods of treatment
How to cure psoriasis? Complex therapy will help relieve unpleasant symptoms, to improve the patient's condition. In many cases, long-term treatment, with further action provoking factors, is likely to occur.
Experts recommend using not only medicines, but also folk recipes, food nutrition, physiotherapy methods. Patients are asked to strictly follow the doctor's instructions.
Both topical and systemic drugs are used:
- anti-inflammatory drugs;
- ointments and gels for psoriasis.
- ultraviolet radiation;
- laser therapy;
Nutrition for psoriasis
Patients must follow a hypoallergenic diet for psoriasis. You need to consume as much food as possible causing blood to flow to the affected skin. Emphasis on foods rich in vitamins and minerals is important.
- spicy dishes;
- smoked products;
- red, black pepper, other spices;
- hot drinks.
- whole milk;
- vegetables, red fruits.
Folk solutions and recipes
After consulting a dermatologist or therapist, add home-based methods to your medications, physiotherapy treatments. Ointments, medicinal herbal ingredients, lotions and effective baths will improve the condition, relieve itching, burning.
Treatment of psoriasis at home with folk remedies. Best Recipe:
- rope bath and sea salt.Prepare a decoction: per liter of water - 2 tbsp. l. turned around. Pour 4 tbsp into the bathtub. l. sea salt, pour in the stretched gravy. The duration of the procedure is 20 minutes. Soothing drying agent;
- boil medicinal herbs. Mix in 0, 5 liters of water one teaspoon of nettle, burdock root, licorice and calamus, massage. Boil for 5 minutes, bring to a boil. Wipe the affected area with healing broth several times a day;
- tea from dandelion root, nettle leaves, St. John's worttake orally. The drink cleanses the blood perfectly, enhances immunity, calms;
- herbal lotion.Take 4 tbsp. l. celandine, add calendula, string, motherwort, chamomile (all ingredients will need 2 tbsp. l. ). Pour in a liter of hot water, heat in a water bath. Gauze dipped in broth, apply on painful area twice a day;
- homemade ointment.Combine fish oil, pine resin, aloe vera juice, olive oil, sulfur, birch tar in equal proportions. Add the amount of celandine, excess ingredient, pour a few drops of sea buckthorn oil. Bring to a boil, strain. Lubricate the affected area daily. This tool soothes the skin, reduces itching, heals wounds;
- using birch taron the elbows, ears, other areas affected by the manifestations of scaly lichen gives a good effect;
- monastery tea for psoriasis.Medicinal herbal drinks will ease the course of the disease.
Skin psoriasis in children
Chronic disease occurs in infants and older children. A large number of psoriasis cases are observed in preschool and primary school children.
- spots, bubbles, red spots appear on the skin;
- Gradually the rash becomes more, exfoliation appears;
- itchy body, cracked crust, painful areas appear.
The main place of lesion localization:
- legs, arms;
- Psoriasis sometimes affects the nails.
Simple diagnostics. The pronounced symptoms are difficult to confuse with other disease manifestations.
- hormonal imbalance;
- some drugs;
- genetic predisposition;
- respiratory diseases;
- sudden climate change.
- proper skin care;
- ascorbic acid;
- vitamin B12;
- ointments and gels;
Herbal bath with chamomile, yarrow, celandine, in a row gives a good effect. Soothing charges will help improve sleep. In severe cases, the doctor will prescribe sleeping pills.
Sometimes a child needs to be hospitalized to get rid of acute symptoms. Do not give up on the hospital. Drops, injections reduce the condition significantly.
Tip!Do not give strong medicine on your own. Doctors try to use fewer drugs that have toxic effects.
There are no specific precautions for this severe skin condition. For this reason, many people experience unpleasant symptoms over the years.
Sometimes psychological trauma is just as serious as the occasional rash and itching during exacerbations. Try to ease the course of the disease.
What else can you do:
- avoid hypothermia;
- keep room optimum humidity;
- treats the epidermis well;
- create a quiet environment in the family;
- if necessary, change your job to avoid stressful situations and other dangerous influences;
- do not injure your skin.
Remember- you are not alone in your problems. The diagnosis of psoriasis is recorded in the outpatient records of hundreds of thousands of people. Do not despair, even with such a serious illness, you can live without losing hope for the future. Communicate, get support from loved ones, follow your doctor's recommendations. Try to avoid your swallowing disease.