Psoriasis, or lichen scaly, is a chronic infection that manifests itself as a reddish rash on the skin, accompanied by itching and irritation. There are several causes of psoriasis. When damaged, skin cell division occurs thirty times faster than normal, resulting in discomfort and the appearance of scales. It also damages the immune system, which works against its own cells, causing chronic inflammation.
Symptoms and causes
A common symptom of this disease is changes in the folds of skin on the joints and scalp. The spots that appear have gray or white scales that can be easily removed. The progressive stage is characterized by the appearance of spots on the site of mechanical stress - friction and the like. In addition to the skin, lesions often affect the hair, internal organs, nails and joints.
The most common reason is:
- Immune system dysfunction.T cells are immune system cells that normally protect the body from viruses and bacteria. In people with psoriasis, accidentally, T cells attack healthy cells in the skin. This immune response causes the body to malfunction, including dilating blood vessels and increasing white blood cells, which stimulates the skin to produce new cells faster than skin regrowth. The accumulation of new cells on the surface of the skin leads to the expansion of thick and itchy spots.
- Descendants.Research has shown that if parents have scaly lichen, there is a 15 percent chance that the child will develop it. If both parents are affected, then the chance of growth is 75 percent.
- Endocrine system failure.The endocrine system is a network of hormones that release hormones that help regulate many important bodily functions. Failure of one of these glands can lead to disease.
- Any infection can cause psoriasis because it puts pressure on the immune system, causing an inflammatory response. However, the onset of lichen scaly may occur after a respiratory or skin infection. This type of infection can usually be prevented with proper personal hygiene. Make sure you wash your hands regularly throughout the day. You should also avoid sharing cups and cutlery with others. It is important to disinfect wounds or wounds properly, and be sure to ensure that there are no infections.
- Skin trauma, burns, scratches can cause infections in some people. You should always take extra precautions when performing actions that could cause injury. Use sunscreen or wear a hat when it is sunny outside. Care should also be given when participating in outdoor activities.
- Although stress has a negative effect on a person, it is very problematic for psoriasis sufferers. The body tends to have an inflammatory response to stress. You should try to reduce the amount of stress in your life.
- If you are overweight or overweight, this will only make your condition worse. Therefore, it is important to monitor your weight by adopting a healthy diet on a regular basis. If you have problems with proper nutrition, you should consult a dietitian for help. This can help you figure out which foods and how much you should eat throughout the day.
Scaly lichen affects about 3% of people worldwide. Research shows a significant increase in epidemics over the past 30 years.
Psoriasis affects men and women equally. The disease can begin at any age, but most often occurs between the ages of 15 and 35, and 50 to 60. The average age is 28.
The disease usually begins or worsens due to certain factors that should be avoided whenever possible.
Reasons for causing or worsening lichen scaly include:
- Hypothermia can be one of the causes of the development of the disease or its deterioration.
- Alcohol consumption is also a provoking factor causing generalization of the inflammatory process, shortening the remission period and increasing the risk of complications.
- Smoking tobacco not only increases the risk of disease, but can also increase the severity of the disease. Smoking also plays a role in the early development of lichen scaly.
- Having other autoimmune disorders, such as AIDS or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Infections that cause a weakened immune system, such as sore throat, tonsillitis, pharyngitis.
- Excessive stress, tension and anxiety.
- Certain drugs such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), beta-blockers, and lithium-containing drugs.
Unfortunately, modern medicine does not guarantee a complete cure for the disease, but it is possible to alleviate the condition with the help of therapy, which, with an integrated approach, will reduce the manifestations of the disease to a minimum. Often, preparations containing vitamin D, activated tar and zinc are prescribed for external use. For oral administration, drugs are created with cytostatics, corticosteroids and immunomodulators designed to regulate cell division in the affected area, regulate metabolism and restore the immune response in the body.
It is difficult for psoriasis sufferers to receive a diagnosis, which is why a person experiences severe discomfort when communicating with others, problems with social adjustment, difficulties at work and family life. It is important to avoid withdrawal and social depression, which can lead to the emergence of psychological aberrations and suicidal thoughts. It is important to support the sick person and, if necessary, refer him or her to a psychotherapist for consultation.
Psoriasis in children
Scaly lichen in children is common, especially under one year of age. The disease usually persists in the winter. Girls tend to get sick.
Children's psoriasis is different from psoriasis in adults. In children, the amount of protein in the blood increases, and the amount of heparin decreases. The disease is inherited and is genetic. However, the disease, although long studied, is still unknown. In addition to inheritance, the disease stems from a weakened immune system, from the flu and various skin diseases. The reason may be stressful situations.
The main symptoms of this disease are fractures to the feet and palms. The appearance of subungual hyperkeratosis is possible. The lymph nodes become inflamed and sore.
This treatment includes various ointments and sunscreens. With congenital ichthyosis, most of the skin is affected.
With Leiner erythrocoderma, anemia, sepsis, pneumonia appear. This form is special for newborns. After a few months, the baby returned to normal.
In children older than 8 years, the disease is rare. It is best to do the disease prevention in a timely manner with folk remedies.
Psoriasis of the scalp is not pleasant as it can ruin the beauty of any hair and hairstyle. This type of disease is characterized by a significant increase in dryness of the head and keratinization of the skin. The scalp is covered with a dry, flaky wound, abrasions on the body itching like a bite. Hair loss and dandruff begin, which is different from normal seborrhea.
To get rid of scaly scalp, it is important to know the cause of its appearance and act first. Before starting treatment, it is necessary to undergo an examination and identify the main problems that cause external changes. For the treatment and prevention of scaly lichen, it is necessary to adjust the diet, change the taste preferences, use ointments and creams of medicines, shampoos, lotions, baths with herbs. Home treatment is better to follow the course and rest for a month. Simultaneous use of medicinal ointments is not recommended.
Scalp prevention and treatment
Use lavender essential oil, chamomile, bergamot, geranium to apply to hair roots.
One teaspoon of butter (liquid) should be mixed with half a teaspoon of mustard and five teaspoons of St. John's wort. Mix the mixture well and apply to the scalp with a cotton swab. Apply the mask for a few minutes and rinse. Then apply a nourishing cream. The procedure should be performed once a week.
Solid oil mask
Take 500 grams of petroleum jelly or grease, mix it with two fresh chicken proteins. Add one and a half tablespoons of chopped celandine ingredients and sifted to a mass and mix again. Perform the procedure for four months.
Traditional methods of treating diseases of the hands and feet
Lubricate the affected area with sea buckthorn oil, which should also be drunk daily - one teaspoon at a time.
300 grams of fresh celandine juice. This is best done after spreading the ingredients through a meat grinder and adding wine. With a cotton swab dipped into the finished product, gently wipe the affected area. Wash off after 15 minutes with clean water.
This procedure is performed once a week. Mix half a teaspoon of dried mustard with warm St. John's wort gravy (5 tbsp. L. ), Pour one tablespoon of melted butter. Apply the resulting product to the damaged body with a cotton swab. After a few minutes, rinse with cold water. Lubricate the area with moisturizer.
Dagtem is carefully spread over high, inflamed areas. After an hour, wash. To achieve the result, you need to perform at least fifteen procedures.
Mix fresh egg whites with 250 grams of oil (you can take a light petroleum jelly) and a tablespoon of linden honey and fine celandine. Therapy lasts from one to four months.
Eggs are excluded from the diet during this period. Preference should be given to boiled meats, fermented dairy products, vegetables and fruits. Scaly lichen requires long-term treatment, along with other medications. Implemented, it must be supervised by an experienced specialist. In therapy, diet foods will be prescribed, fatty and spicy foods, alcoholic beverages will be removed from food.